Air Flight Virtual
What is Air Flight Virtual ?
Air Flight Virtual is a virtual pilot community that essentially works on sharing our passion by flying together and sharing each other’s knowledge if the pilot so desires. It also aims to progress and improve the realism in the flight simulation.
This community can operate on different sections :
- International hubs (Solo flights)
- Regional hubs (Solo flights)
- Cargo hubs (Solo flights)
- Private hubs (Solo flights)
- Air force bases (Solo, multi-pilot missions)
- Training centers (Solo, multi-pilot training flights)
- Aeroclubs (Solo flights)
- Float bases (Solo flights)
- Discovery (Solo flights)
- Events (Multi-pilot flights)
- Circuits (Solo flight circuits)
- Stories (Solo, multi-pilot missions or flights)
Pilots train and fly with the following simulators (compatible with the Air Flight Virtual central server) :
- Latest :
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5.x
- Laminar Research X-Plane 11
- IPACS Aerofly FS 2
- Anthology :
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.x
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3.x
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2.x
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1.x
- Laminar Research X-Plane 10
- Laminar Research X-Plane 9
- Laminar Research X-Plane 8
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002
How it works ?
For operation, Air Flight Virtual uses a dedicated server to manage sites, Flight Recorder servers, etc …
This server is hosted by Kimsufi :
- CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) CPU i5-2400 @ 3.1GHz, 4 cores
- RAM : 16 Gb DDR3 ECC 1333 MHz
- Disk : 2 Tb HD
- Datacenter : Roubaix, France
- OS : CentOS 7.8.2003
You see at the top of the site the status bar of our servers (from left to right) :
- Top line :
- dedicated server UTC clock (useful to compare with the UTC time of your flight simulator)
- Current local time around the world
- Language of website selector (English, French)
- Login/Logout button (Green = connected, Red = disconnected)
- Bottom line :
- Event message, alert, promotion, etc…
- Notification area (Red = number of latest events within 24 hours, Neutral = no event)
- Flight Recorder server status “FRS” (ON or OFF)
Air Flight Virtual has an automatic management of the data concerning current flights, status of pilots, flight statistics, and so on thanks to the Flight Recorder modules.
These Black Box modules are automatically transmitted to the central server in real time. This server scans the flight status of each pilot for the realism of the flight, to know the position of his aircraft but also updates the data of each pilot live. This allows our site to display real information online.
For proper operation, each pilot must install the module called “AFV_Client” which updates the data to the server. This module, created by Air Flight Virtual, will be provided to every pilot registered with us.
Join the communauty
The person concerned must register to join the community by clicking on the “Registration” menu located on the top of the Air Flight Virtual page.
On the registration form, to make his first flights, he chooses his preferred aircraft (limited wingspan classification A to C). Wingspan classification D to F aircraft are reserved for senior officers based on experience.
Before filling out the form, he must meet the following criteria :
- To have a flight simulator in his possession : Prepar3D, X-Plane, Flight Simulator or Aerofly FS 2 (see list of compatible simulators).
- To have the right piloting skills on the flight simulator with 100% realism or difficult level.
- Be polite, courteous to pilots and members.
- Being present if necessary on Discord for multi-pilot flights or missions.
If you have all these criteria, you can register on our site. Once registered, you will have an acceptance or rejection response from the Air Flight Virtual administration.
After acceptance of your application, the administration will provide you pilot account information via e-mail.
Each pilot will have an Air Flight Virtual community ID from our list (like « AFV001 »).
As a rookie, to start the training centers, he trains to make flights defined by Air Flight Virtual staff.
Once the 10 hours of flight, he will become an official pilot and will be able to make his flights among his chosen hubs or bases.
The pilot must perform at least one flight per month to remain active. He can still continue to connect and participate in the community.
On pilot list and statistics, the inactive pilot is hidden. He can become fully active again by completing a flight.